Mostly Harmless

It's the only description the greater galaxy deemed necessary to sum up the planet Earth, it'll do well enough for this.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Welcome to the Blog

So, I decided to move to a real blog rather than live journal mostly out of sheer boredom and an desire to avoid my theory homework for another hour or so. As most of you know, today was a sunday, and I think Douglas Adams has the best handle on sundays when he wrote in Life, the Universe, and Everything :
“In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn’t cope with, and that terrible listlessness that starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know you’ve taken all the baths you can usefully take that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the newspaper you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o’ clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.” (Adams, 5).
Yes, it does sound grim but read all the Hitchiker books anyway. I think The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy should be standard reading material for all high school students, never mind the rest of the trilogy or the Dirk Gently books. Anyway, like any sunday I mostly sulked around my room and thought about how much I miss my car here at college, washed some jeans so I can continue to be decent for the next four days before I catch my flight home, listened to the boys in the dorm above me jump up and down on their beds while singing Lit’s “My Own Worst Enemy” (charming, really), had a brief but fun visit from the O.P.A and have now gotten around to the part of the evening where I can’t fall asleep but can’t do anything else either because my attention span is shot. I’ll do my best to make this amusing and worthwhile to read, while at the same time avoiding offending people (less of a promise on that one, as I explained to a friend earlier today, my cynic button doesn’t have an off switch) and we’ll see how many people care. My guess.... not a whole hell of a lot. Prove me wrong people, prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home